Skip to main content

Project Execution Week 10

  • evaluate the success of your senior project.
  • reflect on what was most effective and what was most challenging.

Well I take my test on the 11th. I think I should do ok, I have been consistently passing the practice exams. It has been a journey for sure. I do feel more comfortable with the Idea of the Scrum Framework. It has been fun to work in implementing parts of scrum into my workflow at my job. One of the big wins I have had is when one of my engineers started filling out cards for our scrum board and was all about it. It seemed like she was enjoying herself. I think Scrum has a bright future in the depot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Implementation Within a Team week 4

How am I going to implement my project? Well getting my scrum certification is going to be just the start of the implementation of its practices. Where the real challenge is going to be is using scrum in the workplace. Traditionally Scrum is used by software development teams. Where I work, most of our product lines are part of a depot environment and a lot of the processes are based upon not knowing the reason the unit is not working correctly. This leads to stratification of production lines. And while the type of work if similar, there could be hundreds of different units being worked at one time all with their own process and procedure. There are use cases where Scrum is used in manufacturing plants and I can see how it can be implemented there easier than in a repair facility. One of the hurdles is, that five of the same units may be broken in five different ways. How do you break that out? can you scrum the process? the execution? What do teams look like in that sense? Would ...