So here I am at the start of my project. It is kind of silly to think that I am beginning a project to learn a form of project management. But here we are...
What is is exactly that I plan on doing here? Well if I had to do an elevator pitch to someone whom was stuck with me in an elevator, It would probably go something like this:
"My senior project is to study and get my Professional Scrum Master certification. Scrum is a project management technique that I learned about last year in my 400 level Project management class. We only spent a week or two on it, but I would like to learn more. I also think it would be interesting to apply its methodologies to more traditional manufacturing/repair work, rather than software development where Scrum has quite the market share already."
To properly pursue the certification, I need to hit the books and do some research into Scrum and what it takes to be a Scrum Master. There are a number of resources that out there I have had my eyes on. I think starting with the Scrum Guide will be my best bet.
Of course this project will allow me to flex my understanding of the skills I have learned in the BAS-IS program. I can imagine that being a successful Scrum Master hinges on my ability to understand the work being done. My BAS-IS classes will be key for that.
What is is exactly that I plan on doing here? Well if I had to do an elevator pitch to someone whom was stuck with me in an elevator, It would probably go something like this:
"My senior project is to study and get my Professional Scrum Master certification. Scrum is a project management technique that I learned about last year in my 400 level Project management class. We only spent a week or two on it, but I would like to learn more. I also think it would be interesting to apply its methodologies to more traditional manufacturing/repair work, rather than software development where Scrum has quite the market share already."
To properly pursue the certification, I need to hit the books and do some research into Scrum and what it takes to be a Scrum Master. There are a number of resources that out there I have had my eyes on. I think starting with the Scrum Guide will be my best bet.
Of course this project will allow me to flex my understanding of the skills I have learned in the BAS-IS program. I can imagine that being a successful Scrum Master hinges on my ability to understand the work being done. My BAS-IS classes will be key for that.
Comments
Post a Comment