Skip to main content

Work Work... Week 6

Write a journal entry that addresses these points:
  • What is your professional networking strategy?
  • What are your and job search / refinement plans?
  • Identify clearly the first step, to be done in the next 2 weeks. You will revisit this in your week 8 Journal Entry.
I am in an interesting place work wise coming out of this quarter. I have a great job that I was able to get through leveraging skills I gained in the program. Where I go from here really is within the organization or move out to others. At this point, I am not stagnant in my work. There is still ladder to climb and opportunities on the horizon. A few years in my position and I may be able to move to a supervisory role or into a more higher level of project management. For now I need to keep my projects on track and push to get them as close to automated as I can. This will allow me time to excel and refine my workload. 

One step in the right direction would be to expand my use of scrum tools in my current job. This should align with my senior project as well as give me a leg up in my current roles. I think I will start there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Implementation Within a Team week 4

How am I going to implement my project? Well getting my scrum certification is going to be just the start of the implementation of its practices. Where the real challenge is going to be is using scrum in the workplace. Traditionally Scrum is used by software development teams. Where I work, most of our product lines are part of a depot environment and a lot of the processes are based upon not knowing the reason the unit is not working correctly. This leads to stratification of production lines. And while the type of work if similar, there could be hundreds of different units being worked at one time all with their own process and procedure. There are use cases where Scrum is used in manufacturing plants and I can see how it can be implemented there easier than in a repair facility. One of the hurdles is, that five of the same units may be broken in five different ways. How do you break that out? can you scrum the process? the execution? What do teams look like in that sense? Would ...